Lately, I feel like every time I post a new recipe the first thing I want to say about it is “this is one of my fave recipes ever!” Like this one I’m about to share with you. But I’m really not lying. I just love a lot of foods.
It’s amazing how so many people don’t realize that there are like an infinite amount of foods that are not only good for your body but that are sooooo freakin’ delish at the same time. Healthy foods are all around us, and no they’re not all as expensive as you think. Sometimes you just gotta be a little bit creative.
This oatmeal recipe will make you feel like you’re eating dessert for breakfast. I’m pretty addicted to it and have no shame. It’s simple, sweet and fudgy but will fuel you up and keep you full and energized for a morning full of classes, meetings or a tough workout. Not to mention it really satisfies that sweet tooth.
Chocolate Lover’s Oatmeal:
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tbsp cocoa/cacao or carob powder
- 1 tsp sweetener of choice (or 1 packet stevia)
- 1 tsp semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/2-1 banana (optional)
- 1 tbsp nut-butter of choice (optional)
- Mix oats, water, and cocoa powder together in a bowl. If sweetening with stevia or sugar mix that in, too.
- Microwave for 2 minutes, stirring half way through if you like.
- Remove from microwave and top with chocolate chips, banana and nut butter. Enjoy!! I promise you will!