Happy Monday! This is the first full week of classes for most, fall is just around the corner!
Back to school means back to packed lunches and snacks.
Personally, I prefer to make my own food, pack it up and bring it with me rather than buy food at the campus cafe or buy pre-packaged snacks that contain God knows what. Good for my wallet and my health.
I love muffins and quick breads. There’s just something about a cup of coffee and a homemade muffin that just makes me feel so cozy. With fall rapidly creeping up on us my autumn baking craze is also fast-approaching. The other day I whipped up a batch of these Gluten-Free Banana Oatmeal Muffins.
They are a perfect mid-morning or afternoon snack with a mug of coffee for a little pick-me-up.
Perfectly golden-brown, not too sweet but moist and banana-y these muffins were a hit in my house. They’re easy to make and you can keep them in the freezer (so they last longer) and just grab one as you need it, pack it in your purse or backpack and take it to go!
Gluten Free Banana Oatmeal Muffins:
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice flour (or gluten-free flour of your choice)
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup organic coconut palm sugar (you can use brown sugar if you don’t have this)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (cooking oil of your choice)
- 1/4 cup almond milk/skim milk
- 3 medium mashed bananas
- In a large bowl measure the first 6 dry ingredients. Make a well in the center.
- In a smaller bowl, beat eggs. Mix in oil, milk and bananas. Pour into well of dry ingredients. Stir until just-moistened.
- Fill greased muffin tins 3/4 way full. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20-25 mins. Makes about 12-16 muffins.
Another busy week ahead, but we’re just used to this by now.
Have a lovely Monday,