Chocolate and peanut butter. The most delicious combination. I mean, they’re each tasty on their own, but together? Ugh, my mouth is watering.
I seriously wish I could marry whoever decided to combine the two. Chocolate-peanut butter whatever is my fave. Chocolate-peanut butter ice cream, chocolate-peanut butter cake (OMG I just remembered I have the best recipe for this cake), chocolate chip-peanut butter cookies, chocolate-peanut butter smoothies..
I can’t even.
So, why not take the original Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup filled with preservatives, artificial sweeteners and the like and create your own home made, clean eating version of the classic treat.
Now I made a batch of these a few weeks back and reaaallly wanted to share them with you guys but the recipe still needed a little tweaking. Well TA-DAA, they’re ready to be shared with the world. They’re quick, easy to make and SO yummy and decadent. Please make them and eat them and love them so you can understand my feelings right now.
Clean Eating Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups:
Peanut butter half:
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup 100% natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp honey/maple syrup/agave syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cocoa/cacao powder
- 1 tbsp honey/maple syrup/agave
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Line muffin tin with paper baking cups.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt coconut oil, peanut butter and sweetener for 20 seconds and then stir together.
- Place a spoonful of peanut butter mixture into each baking cup.
- In another medium microwave-safe bowl, melt 1/4 cup coconut oil for 20 seconds. Once melted, mix in 1/4 cup cocoa/cacao powder and 1 tbsp of your sweetener of choice.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt 1/2 cup dark or semi sweet chocolate chips for 1:30s, stirring every 30 seconds. Once melted, stir into coconut oil/cacao mixture.
- Place a large spoonful of chocolate mixture on top of the peanut butter in the baking cups.
- Freeze at least 2 hours or overnight for best results. Keep peanut butter cups in the freezer as they will begin to melt/lose shape at room temperature. Take out of freezer to eat and enjoy!!
I’m heading back to school this week so I’m super busy rushing around trying to prepare and organize! But I really don’t mind because honestly I’m ecstatic to be done working for the summer.
To be honest I’d so much rather be in school learning and studying than working every day. I love school, I’m SUCH a nerd.
As previously mentioned, I’ve transferred to a university in the city where I live and I’m so nervous and excited all at once! Fresh start, new beginnings guys! Change is good, change is good. Wish me luck this week!
And if you’re going back to school, I wish you luck as well. Don’t forget to have fun! And please remember to be grateful for the opportunity to even attend school, whether it be post-secondary or public school. Some people don’t have that privilege.
Aaaaand to lighten the mood back up, I’ll leave you with a photo of Bella eyeing my lunch today.