Hello all! It’s been a while!
My life has been a bit of a whirlwind lately, well really this whole year has been. I’m just finishing up my nutrition/dietetics degree and I plan on doing a little bit of a life update post ASAP! I have lots to tell :).
In the meantime, today I’m sharing a recipe for overnight oats featuring the best combo known to man. Banana… peanut butter… and chocolate. Yup. You know you want this recipe. Not to mention this recipe has lots of fibre that you’re getting from the oats and chia seeds – it will surely keep you feeling full all morning!
Honestly, this recipe just kind of came about randomly as I’ve recently been experimenting with different overnight oats ingredients, just to keep my breakfasts interesting. Isn’t it great when you just throw some things together and it turns out amazing? Especially when its such a quick and easy recipe. These overnight oats are quickly becoming a breakfast staple for me. Is that really a surprise though? You know how much I love my peanut butter and chocolate.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup milk choice
- 1/4 cup chocolate milk of choice
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- 1 large teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 tsp raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tbsp natural peanut butter + more for topping
- 1/2 banana for topping
- 1 tsp cacao nibs for topping
- In a jar or tupperware container, mix oats, milk, chocolate milk, mashed banana, chia seeds, cacao powder and peanut butter.
- Seal jar or container and leave overnight in the fridge.
- In the morning, place mixture in a bowl (or leave it in the jar) and top with more peanut butter, banana and cacao nibs. Enjoy!
Have a lovely weekend everyone :).