If you’re a big Pinterest-er you may have already heard of frozen banana pops. They’re a super easy, healthy, more natural take on popsicles that are sure to satisfy your summer sweet tooth.
I’d been meaning to make frozen banana pops for a while, but I wanted to add my own twist.
In this recipe, the pops are not only rolled in chocolate followed by whatever toppings you desire – they are first smothered in peanut butter. And we’re all peanut butter (or any nut butter really) lovers here right?
Now this recipe only makes 2, but feel free to double/triple as you please.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Banana Pops:
- 1 banana, cut in half
- 2 popsicle sticks (if you noticed in the picture I didn’t use popsicle sticks..I didn’t have any oops)
- 1/2 cup melted semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter, or nut butter of choice
- toppings/goodies to roll the dipped pops in. (dried fruit, goji berries, nuts, seeds, coconut flakes, sprinkles). I used a handful of crushed pecans for one and a handful of crushed up mini cookies for the other.
- Cut banana in half. Stick popsicle stick through the bottom of banana half.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl.
- Spread 1 tbsp peanut butter over each banana half.
- Roll the peanut butter coated banana through the melted chocolate. Then roll the chocolate coated banana through the toppings of choice.
- Place in freezer overnight to enjoy a cold, sweet treat the next day!
Too easy right?!
Thanks for reading guys, have a great week!