I’ve always wanted to make chickpea cookies. They’re easy, gluten free, vegan and call for simple ingredients that you most likely have somewhere in your pantry. I’ve made chickpea cookie dough before and shit – that stuff is dangerous. And when I say dangerous I mean that although extremely healthy, it’s one of those things that you just can’t…stop…eating…
Well, the cookies might be just as delicious, therefore equally as dangerous.
You can add whatever you want to these cookies but I think you’ll enjoy my choices just fine. I took the basics of the chickpea cookie dough recipe, modified them a little, added pumpkin, baking soda and then some tasty add-ins, baked them and voila! Super delicious, super healthy, vegan and gluten free pumpkin cookies!
White Chocolate Pecan Pumpkin Chickpea Cookies:
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup all-natural almond butter
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Place all ingredients except for the chocolate chips and pecans in a food processor or blender.
- Process until you get a thick, smooth consistency with no clumps or solid chickpeas.
- Transfer mixture to a medium sized bowl and add chocolate chips and pecans. Mix them into the batter.
- Place about 1-1/2 tbsp chickpea cookie dough on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 10-13 minutes.
And there you have it! Enjoy recipe #3 of my October Pumpkin Series! Keep checking back for more 🙂
My dear Canadians, I hope you all had an amazing Thanksgiving weekend! I know I did.. Bella did too 😉