Welcome to your second recipe of the October Pumpkin Recipe Series!
I am obsessed with oatmeal. I eat that stuff on the daily.
No, literally, I do. Every morning.
There’s rarely a morning that I wake up not wanting oatmeal. If you’ve seen my Instagram then I’ll bet you know exactly what I’m talking about. Oats are most definitely one of my favourite foods. So filling, whole grain, and so deliciously versatile. Oatmeal can easily be made sweet or savoury. Simple or loaded with toppings.
Well they can also be made to taste like PUMPKIN PIE. Oh yeah. Love me some pumpkin pie.
These pumpkin oats will warm you up and make you feel like you’re eating dessert for breakfast on these chilly fall mornings. Who can say no to dessert at breakfast?
Simple, quick, nutritious and totally cozy (can I use ‘cozy’ to describe food?) you have to try this recipe. If you do, let me know what you think in the comments!
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tbsp canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- nuts/dried fruit/banana/nut butter for topping
- Place 1/3 cup rolled oats in a bowl with 2/3 cup water.
- Add pumpkin puree, maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice to the bowl and mix everything together.
- Microwave 2 minutes – remove half way through to stir.
- Top with whatever you please and eat! Oh, and maybe snap a pic, upload it to Instagram and tag me @todaywillbedelicious so I can see your lovely oat creations 🙂
That’s it for now! I’ve got a busy weekend coming up filled with lots of cooking for YOU GUYS!
P.S. HAPPY THANKSGIVING WEEKEND TO MY CANADIAN READERS! I’m thankful for all of you ❤