“Nice cream.” Nice ice cream. A.k.a. vegan ice cream.
We’re talkin’ a cold and creamy sweet treat minus the cream. It’s totally dairy-free. Totally vegan. Totally awesome.
Now this isn’t your everyday homemade vegan ice cream made with an actual ice cream maker because let’s be real.. I’m broke and I don’t have one. All you need for this recipe is a blender or a food processor and a few simple ingredients.
The main ingredient: Bananas
This delicious, clean, healthy, vegan ice cream is made out of blended frozen bananas. Please don’t be that person and tell me you hate banana flavoured things and continue to run away. I swear you’ll love it.
All you need for this particular recipe is two ripe frozen bananas, cocoa/cacao powder, vanilla extract, peanut butter and almond milk! Simple enough?
Top it with whatever healthy toppings you can think of! Dark chocolate chips, unsweetened coconut, walnuts, more banana, maybe a few rainbow sprinkles..
I recommend throwing the nice cream back in the freezer once you’ve blended everything up to freeze and firm it up a little more, but it’s your call!
Chocolate Peanut Butter “Nice Cream”:
- 2 ripe bananas, frozen & cut up
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp raw cacao/cocoa powder
- 1/4 almond milk
1. Chop bananas into coins. It’s easier to freeze them as banana coins than to chop them up frozen.. I learned the hard way.
2. Add banana coins, vanilla and almond milk to the blender. Blend together until you get this creamy delicious-looking consistency
3. Add cacao/cocoa powder and peanut butter to the blender and blend until smooth once again.
4. Top with whatever you like – I chose unsweetened coconut and a few extra banana coins! Enjoy!
Who screams for nice cream???
Sorry Bell, you can’t have any. Guess you’ll have to settle for some Pat cuddles.
Have a delicious end to your week!
One thought on “We All Scream for (N)ice Cream: Chocolate Peanut Butter “Nice Cream””
Looks super good!!