I’m so excited right now.
I just made the most deliciously healthy batch of Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Chocolate. Chip. Cookies.
I love chocolate chip EVERYTHING. Especially cookies. If you know me, you know about my sweet tooth. Knowing me, you’d also be aware that I don’t necessarily love eating a lot of processed sugar, excess saturated fats and un-pronouncable long-name additives. Honestly, if you want to eat a regular homemade chocolate chip cookie made with refined flour, refined sugar, butter and eggs then you go for it! All the power to ya. You guys know I’m all for treating yourself once in a while. To be honest though, I sometimes still struggle with the guilt and regret after treating myself. Hey, it’s a work in progress. We all have our struggles. But let’s not dive into that serious shit right now, we’ll save that for another post. I’m just too damn excited right now.
I’m so excited about these cookies for three reasons:
- I wasn’t expecting them to turn out as good as they did. They were kind of an experiment but they ended up absolutely perfect. Funny how that happens.
- They’re just as good – if not better – than the unhealthy homemade Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe that we’ve used in my family since I was just a little one. I’m talking about the recipe that all my friends growing up raved about. (If any of my those friends are reading this: you know what cookies I’m talking about).
- They’re totally guilt-free. TOTALLY! So guilt-free that I may even eat one for breakfast.
Ever since I made my healthy vegan Melt-in-Your-Mouth Peanut Butter Cookies, my family has been nagging me to bake another batch of cookies (You’d never guess where my sweet tooth came from..). My fam jam sure loves their cookies. So in hopes of creating a healthy Choco Chip Cookie recipe I took my mom’s oh so famous recipe, made some healthy swaps and went for it! Well, you could say it was a success. These cookies are whole wheat, vegan, and free of white sugar! They were so chewy and chocolatey..I can’t even. I thought the peanut butter cookies were good but these guys are even better.
If you guys try the recipe (I hope you do!) leave me a comment and let me know what you think :).
Now that you’re just as excited as I am.. here’s the recipe!
Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies:
1/4 cup coconut oil – 1/2 cup brown sugar – 1/2 tsp stevia – 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce – 1 ripe banana, mashed – 1 cup whole wheat flour – 1/2 tsp baking soda – 1/2 tsp sea salt – 1 tsp vanilla extract – 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray baking sheet with cooking/olive oil spray. In a medium sized bowl, cream coconut oil, brown sugar & stevia together.
- Add the mashed banana, applesauce and vanilla to the oil/sugar mixture. Mix with electric beaters if you have them.
- Add flour, baking soda & salt. Beat until well-blended.
- Mix in chocolate chips. Roll into balls (about 1 tbsp) and place on baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes. Makes 12 cookies.
When you remove the cookies from the oven, place them on a wire cooling rack. I highly recommend cooling for just a few minutes and then eating one while the chocolate chips are still warm and melted. You might just die and go to heaven 😉
That’s all for now guys. I hope you like them!
Bye for now,
3 thoughts on “Heavenly Healthy Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies”
Cute pup! These look great, I’m gonna give them a try. Thanks!
YUM HAN THESE LOOK AMAZING. I want :))))) loving your blog its so adorable and you’re sticking to it !!! ❤ xoxox liv